Training & Volunteering
We actively encourage anyone to volunteer with our activities in order that they can gain rewarding experiences and encourage areas of personal development in the area of childcare and family health.
We also offer training to those who may wish to deliver Bookbug sessions.
Our periodic training courses offer the chance for people learn the basics and build confidence in how to present Bookbug sessions using the techniques and skills which have made the Bookbug model such an outstanding success.
At the end of the training you quite literally have Bookbug in your hands! Here are some successful candidates from one of our most recent Bookbug training courses.
Bookbug Session Leader Training
Monday 20th April 2020
Blackfriars Primary School
310 Cumberland Street
Glasgow G5 0SS
Who’s eligible: Staff and volunteers who will be delivering free public Bookbug Sessions in community venues for parents and children.
About the training: Interactive, activity based and lots of fun, this course provides trainees with a wealth of information covering relevant book sharing, musical and child development topics.
• How to lead an effective and engaging Bookbug Session
• Practical singing tips including practice and repetition of a selection of songs
• How to effectively include a book in your Bookbug Session
• Appropriate books for different ages and stages
• Appropriate musical activities for very young children and their parents
• The importance of parent and child bonding and interaction
• The benefits of books for parent and child interaction
• The development of literacy and language and how stories, songs and rhymes support this
• Care and use of the voice
• Effective use of resources
The results: By the end of this course trainees should have gained-
• The ability to be a confident and effective Bookbug Session Leader
• The knowledge to put together an appropriate session for children aged 0 –4
•Understanding of musical and literacy foundations
•Knowledge and use of appropriate resources and engagement techniques
•Appropriate Bookbug Session presentation, design and structure
•Appropriate interaction with parents and children
For further information contact:
0141 429 8139